Tuesday 8 November 2011

Damien Hirst Exhibition at the Tate Modern

For my GCSE Art, I did lots of artist references on Damien Hirst. He is one of the most popular and influential artists of this time and is famous for his works such as The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living (1991) and For The Love Of God (2007). His work interested me greatly because of the humour and kind of sickness of it all. For The Love Of God cost £14 million to create. It would have been the most expensive piece of art ever to be sold by a living artist at £50 million.

So, as you can probably tell I am very excited to find out that there will be an exhibition at the Tate Modern showcasing his works, from 4 April - 19 September 2011. I'll definitely be going. More information here.

The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living (1991)

For The Love Of God (2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment